Touristic Packet: Murcia
THURSDAY, APRIL 25
Touristic tour of the Murcia center: a short view of Murcia with English speaking official guide offered to the attendees and accompanying persons of the 9ECCN.
Duration of the visit: 2 hours.
- At 11:00 h.
- From the tourist information point of the City of Murcia.
- You will visit first the Glorieta square (plaza) where Murcia’s Town Hall is located. It is a 19th century building, neoclassical style. Seat of the municipal institution of the city. The building rises on the lot that has traditionally been occupied by the town hall of Murcia since the Middle Ages.
- The visit will continue to the Plaza de Belluga, also known as Plaza de la Catedral. Located in the old quartier of the city, it is a pedestrian square, a center of touristic and tapas bar attention par excellence, in view of the cathedral’s front. In it are located some of the most representative monuments of Murcia such as the Cathedral of Santa Maria, the Episcopal Palace and the Moneo Building.
- You will head next towards Calle Trapería, the busiest and most traditional shopping street in Murcia (old Jewish quartier). Main way of the old town that articulates it from north to south, it communicates the Plaza de Hernández Amores (known as Plaza de la Cruz), where a side-door of the Cathedral of Santa Maria opens, with the busy Plaza de Santo Domingo.
- The walk continues along the Avenida Alfonso X to the Plaza Circular. The return proceeds along the Gran Via (the main commercial avenue in Murcia) and passes in front of the old Romea Theatre (there is now a modern Auditorium else where), to reach again Calle Trapería.
- In the same Calle Trapería you will be able to see the Casino of Murcia. The building, originally the site of major social events of the upper class, whose construction began in 1847, is a mixture of different artistic currents that coexisted in the second half of the nineteenth century and beginning of the twentieth century in Spain. It was declared a national historic-artistic monument in 1983, reason why at present it is considered a «monument» of cultural interest.
- 18 € per person.
- Tourist guide in English
- Ticket to the Royal Casino of Murcia
- Tasting of a typical tapa with a drink included.
- Minimum 15 people